Kathy G. Beckett has about thirty years of experience practicing environmental, regulatory, and natural resources law. She has a national reputation for her ability to influence environmental policies on behalf of her clients. She has been instrumental in the development of national and state regulatory programs and the drafting of environmental legislation.
Kathy is a senior attorney in a group of 16 experienced environmental lawyers and technical professionals. She is active in many industry trade groups and serves on the Board of Directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and chairs its Energy, Clean Air and Natural Resources Committee where policy issues impacting manufacturing, coal and natural gas are regularly managed.
She also serves on the Board of Directors of the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce and chairs its Environmental Committee. Kathy has served in a leadership role with the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources. She also has experience in the Homeland Security and Emergency Response policy and law. Kathy is a board member of the Black Diamond Council for the Girl Scouts serving multiple states.
- Represented chemical facility on Risk Management Plan enforcement
- Represented oil and gas exploration and production facilities relative to air permitting issues to include air aggregation assessments
- Represented chemical manufacturing operations on air compliance matters, water permitting, and waste management matters
- Represented national trade association in developing comments to an Endangered Species Act proposed listing
- Filed administrative appeals of industrial NPDES permits and negotiated revised permit conditions
- Represented coal-fired power industry on regional air quality and climate change issues
- Developed multi-jurisdictional environmental crisis management plans
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Environment, Energy and Resources Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors and Nominating Committee, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, West Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Trustees, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Board Member, Black Diamond Council of Girl Scouts
Rate : $$$$