Kathy Dent regularly defends employers in cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations, and contract disputes. She also advises employers in matters relating to hiring, discipline, family leave compliance and termination. Kathy negotiates and drafts contracts concerning all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, severance agreements, noncompetition, and confidentiality agreements.
Kathy’s 19 years of experience includes over six years as in-house counsel for PacifiCorp, which gives her firsthand knowledge of cost-effective ways to partner with clients and provide responsive, results-oriented counsel.
- Assistant General Counsel, PacifiCorp, Portland, Ore., 2012-2014
- Senior Counsel, PacifiCorp, Portland, Ore., 2008-2012
- Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Portland, Ore., 2004-2006
- Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Portland, Ore., 1996-2003
Professional & Community Activities:
- President, Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger, 2005-2007
- Labor and Employment Section, American Bar Association, 1996-present
- Oregon and Federal Bar Associations, 1996-present
- Oregon Women Lawyers Association, 2014-present
- J.D., University of Nebraska School of Law
- M.A., Social Psychology, University of Nebraska
- B.A., Psychology, Willamette University
Rate : $$$$