Kathy L. Rose has more than 25 years’ experience practicing in the areas of banking, capital markets and securities, mergers and acquisitions. Kathy is a Lecturer-in-Law in Professional Responsibility at Columbia University School of Law, and she has also taught ethics seminars at The University of Chicago Law School. Kathy has actively served two three-year terms on each of the New York City Bar Committee on Professional Responsibility and the New York City Bar Ethics Committee.
She co-chaired a Joint Subcommittee of Professional Responsibility and Ethics tasked with reviewing and updating the City Bar White Paper on Advertising in light of developments in social media, and she has previously chaired a Subcommittee of Professional Responsibility that commented on the COSAC amendments and restructuring of the New York Code of Professional Responsibility, which were adopted in 2009 as the New York Rules of Professional Conduct. She is a former member of The Association’s Banking Committee and the Eastern European Affairs Committee.
Kathy was formerly General Counsel for the U.S. operations of Creditanstalt-Bankverein and Bank Austria Creditanstalt. Kathy received her B.A., magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Brandeis University and her J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where she was a member of the Journal of Transnational Law and a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. She received an interdisciplinary degree from the Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law and graduated with Honors.
- Columbia University/Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law, 1983 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- Brandeis University, 1980 B.A.
- magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Adjunct Lecturer in Law, Professional Responsibility, Columbia Law School, Spring 2015
- Member of New York City Bar Committee on Professional Responsibility and Adjunct Member of New York City Bar Committee on Professional and Judicial Conduct
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut 1991
- New York 1984
Rate : $$$$