Katie Custer provides efficient and effective solutions for her clients’ litigation and business needs and skillfully creates remedies for policy holders, corporations, non-profit organizations, and municipalities.
She represents clients in federal and state court, mediation, and formal arbitration proceedings when complex commercial disputes arise involving insurance coverage, breach of contract, fraud, products liability, and government contract issues.
She has tried nineteen cases to verdict in state court, including eleven jury trials, litigated motions for preliminary injunction, argued numerous dispositive and nondispositive motions in state and federal courts, and conducted internal investigations.
Katie sits on Holland & Hart’s Women’s Forum and actively works to address issues facing women in the legal profession. Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Katie was a litigation attorney at McKenna Long & Aldridge.
Katie helps companies understand, manage and transfer risk using insurance policies. She advises clients on insurance coverage, oversees the negotiation process with insurers regarding coverage and exclusions and recovery of damages, and, where necessary, guides clients through coverage litigation.
Katie has successfully represented clients in complex commercial cases involving insurance coverage, bad faith, trade secret misappropriation, fraud, breach of contract, duty of loyalty, unfair competition, and government contracts issues. She assists clients in all stages of litigation, including but not limited to:
- Pre-suit negotiations and demands
- Developing litigation strategies
- Conducting written discovery and depositions
- Drafting and arguing dispositive and nondispositive motions
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., 2007
Bar Admissions : Colorado
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Rate : $$$$