Katie L. Dysart is an experienced litigator who focuses on the defense of financial institutions in a wide variety of trial and appellate cases and arbitrations. Ms. Dysart offers clients a broad range of business litigation experience with a focus on consumer-related litigation and class action defense, including residential mortgage lending and servicing litigation, as well as lender liability claims.
Ms. Dysart also devotes a significant portion of her practice to general trial practice and appellate work. She is experienced in labor and employment issues, including the defense of nationwide collective actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act. In addition, Ms. Dysart has extensive experience defending, counseling and advising foreign and domestic insurers on first- and third-party coverage issues relating to various claims under the laws of multiple states.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 2007, with Law Review Honors
- Loyola University, B.A., 2004, with Honors
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Obtained favorable judgment in breach of contract action after eight-day bench trial.
- Obtained extremely favorable settlement in TCPA matter involving arguably unauthorized calls.
- Represented corporations and financial institutions in TCPA actions, including but not limited to, a proposed nationwide class.
- Obtained early dismissals of purported nationwide class actions through early motion practice.
- Successfully resolved nationwide class action against corporation in TCPA actions.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana Bar Foundation’s Greater Orleans Community Partnership Panel
- Vice Chair – American Bar Association Litigation Section, Trial Evidence Committee
- Fellow – Louisiana Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$$