Katie E. Johnson represents public sector clients in both routine and complex financings, focusing her practice on serving as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in debt and lease financings and as general counsel for Ohio political subdivisions.
She has been involved with a variety of public-private partnerships and has extensively represented school districts throughout Ohio. Specifically, Katie works with school districts on bond issues, note issues, leases, tax levies, public records and other matters of concern to school business officials.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Katie was a mathematics teacher. She then joined Bricker & Eckler as a summer clerk and has recently returned to the firm’s Public Finance group. Katie is a talented attorney who enjoys strong relationships with her existing and prospective clients.
- The Ohio State University (J.D., cum laude), 2011; Note & Comment Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- The Ohio State University (M. Ed.), 2004; Harry C. Moores Merit Scholarship
- University of Colorado (B.S. in Business Finance with high distinction), 2002; Golden Key National Honors Society, Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honors Fraternity
Bar Admissions & Activities:
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2011
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
Professional & Community Activities:
- President, Ohio Chapter of Women in Public Finance
- Former Executive Board Member, National Chapter of Women in Public Finance
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Ohio Government Finance Officers Association (Education Committee)
Rate : $$$