Katie Fung is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office. Katie focuses her practice on matters relating to the US federal income taxation of corporations, with emphasis on international tax planning. She advises multinational companies on international reorganizations and acquisitions.
She has advised clients on and managed transactional aspects of post-acquisition restructurings and other internal reorganization transactions, involving up to 25 jurisdictions, and has provided advice on numerous tax structuring transactions, including spin off, repatriation and IP migration transactions.
Prior to joining the Chicago office, Katie practiced Hong Kong tax law in our Hong Kong office where she advised multinational corporations and high net worth individuals on the Hong Kong profits tax, salaries tax and stamp duty matters.
- University of Oxford (B.C.L.)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B. First Class Honors)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude)
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Hong Kong (2005)
Rate : $$$