Katie Tague emphasizes technology-related transactions in her practice counseling clients on intellectual property matters, including in the context of mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, and other strategic deals.
Start-ups, investors, and public and private companies in internet- and technology-focused industries rely on Katie to prepare, negotiate, and advise on a wide array of commercial contracts.
Her experience includes outsourcing arrangements, software and cloud licensing, joint development projects, manufacture and supply agreements, intellectual property transfer, marketing and services, trademark licensing, collaborations, content rights, and entertainment production.
Katie also advises clients regarding digital and social media law, privacy, open source software, publicity, advertising, contest law, risk assessment, and strategic planning.
She enjoys partnering with clients to develop and implement practical management and enforcement strategies for copyright and trademark rights worldwide.
In addition to her corporate tech transactions practice, Katie regularly assists non-profit organizations with corporate governance, operations, contracts, and intellectual property matters.
- Representation of global lifestyle hospitality management brand, sbe, in its acquisition of Morgans Hotel Group, which more than doubled the size of sbe’s hotel portfolio.
- Representation of a global electric vehicle sharing company in its negotiation of commercial development, supply, and license agreements.
- Representation of an emerging social impact-focused company in the negotiation of development and production agreements for multiple multi-million dollar entertainment projects.
- Representation of a major blockchain trading platform in its negotiation of commercial license agreements.
- Representation of a major consumer products and fashion brand in trademark licensing matters and a joint venture transaction.
- Representation of an innovative electric vehicle company in connection with securing over US$1 billion in investments.
- Representation of a leader in electronic design automation in the negotiation of complex patent license and interoperability agreements.
- Representing a leading chipmaker in its US$405 million acquisition of a semiconductor supplier.
- Representing an open source, multi-cloud application platform in the negotiation of its commercial license agreements and corporate governance.
- Representation of a global e-sports company in negotiations for multiple strategic transactions, including related services and intellectual property license agreements.
- Representing several digital media companies in updates to their user agreements and online policies, including for privacy compliance.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.: magna cum laude; Staff Editor and Symposium Editor, Communications and Entertainment Law Journal
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Political Science with minor in Political Economy of Industrialized Societies: summa cum laude
- Honorable John E. Munter, San Francisco Superior Court Judge, Complex Civil Litigation
Rate : $$$$