Katrina M. Robson represents clients in complex, high-profile antitrust and competition litigation against both government agencies and private parties. Her work has made material differences in the business of some of the country’s most recognized companies.
Katrina held a pivotal role in the high-profile US Airways-American Airlines antitrust litigation that temporarily held up the groundbreaking US$17 billion merger and obtained early antitrust clearance for General Mills’ acquisition of organics icon Annie’s.
Katrina has extensive experience briefing and litigating disputes, having worked on appellate briefs, argued before the Ninth Circuit, and participated in multiple trials and evidentiary hearings.
She has achieved precedential decisions in antitrust litigation, including obtaining summary judgment on a motion for reconsideration for gaming technology company IGT, subsequently affirmed by the Federal Circuit, and dismissal of plaintiffs’ price-fixing claims against Marriott in MDL proceedings.
Katrina also counsels companies on complex antitrust issues. Katrina has advised Fortune 500 companies on FRAND-related questions, antitrust guidelines and audits, consumer protection questions, and privacy policies and compliance.
Katrina dedicates extensive time to leadership in the legal community. She is Vice-Chair of the Franchise and Distribution Committee in the ABA Antitrust Section, editor of the forthcoming Consumer Protection Legal Developments Treatise, and a driving member of O’Melveny’s Women’s Leadership Academy, a forum for discussing the leadership challenges confronting women in today’s business environment.
- Defended AT&T and Time Warner in the biggest merger case in decades, defeating an attempt by the DOJ’s Antitrust Division to block the US$85.4 billion merger between the telecom and media giants; after five weeks of testimony, a federal judge rejected the government’s theories, denied the government’s request for an injunction, and imposed no conditions on the parties.
- Representing Marriott in MDL proceedings involving alleged resale price maintenance and price fixing in the hotel industry.
- Represented US Airways in litigation against the DOJ regarding its merger with American Airlines.
- Defended manufacturer of a weight loss product in a FTC investigation involving the substantiation of advertising claims and the proper use of disclaimers.
- Represented Agrium in MDL proceedings involving alleged price fixing in the potash industry.
- Defended a designer and distributor of toning footwear in a FTC investigation alleging violations of Section 5 and 12 of the FTC Act.
- Represented finishing equipment manufacturer in preliminary injunction proceeding and obtained transfer of suit out of the FTC’s preferred venue of the District of Columbia.
- District of Columbia
- Harvard University, J.D.: Executive Editor, Journal of Law and Public Policy; President, Board of Student Advisers
- University of California at Santa Barbara, M.A., Education
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., English: Phi Beta Kappa
- Editorial Board, Consumer Protection Law Developments (2013)
- Board of Directors, Beckstrand Cancer Foundation (2006-2008)
Rate : $$$