Kavita M. DeVaney joined the corporate department in 2015. During her last two years of law school, Kavita completed a Masters I and Masters II degree (JD/LLM equivalency) at the Université Paris X, Nanterre, where she studied the law and competences of the European Union with a focus on competition law and conflict of laws.
During law school, Kavita interned at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) and at a large, international law firm in their Financial Institutions Regulation and Enforcement Group.
- JD, magna cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2015; Order of the Coif; senior staff member, American University International Law Review
- Masters II (International and European Litigation), Bien (with high honors), Université Paris X Nanterre, 2015
- Master I (International and European Law), Assez bien (with honors), Université Paris X Nanterre, 2014
- MA (French), Middlebury College, 2010
- BA (History and French), summa cum laude, Washington and Lee University, 2009
- Massachusetts, 2018
- New York, 2016
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : American Bar Association
- Acting for TPG Sixth Street Partners in connection with investment of up to $150 million in senior secured debt, convertible notes and warrants of Caris Life Sciences.
- Acting for KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $340 million unitranche financing to Red Midco LLC, in which Marlin Equity Partners was the equity sponsor.
- Acting for New Mountain Capital in obtaining $198 million in first lien secured credit facilities for its acquisition of MAG DS Corp.
- Acting for American Industrial Partners in obtaining first lien and mezzanine financing for its acquisition of Gerber Technology, Inc. (f/k/a Gerber Scientific).
- Acting for C&W Senior Financing Designated Activity Company in connection with the offering of US$700 million 6.875% senior notes due 2027.
- Acting for Virgin Media Secured Finance PLC in connection with the exchange offer of 5.50% senior secured notes due 2021 for its 6.00% senior secured notes due 2025.
- Acting for Virgin Media Secured Finance PLC in connection with the offering of £675 million 5.00% senior secured notes due 2027.
Rate : $$$