Kay Gordon is co-head of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Investment Management Group and a partner in the Firm’s New York office where she counsels clients on hedge fund, funds-of-fund, private equity fund, real estate fund, venture funds, and compliance-related matters involving registered advisers and broker-dealers.
She also advises clients on a broad range of securities and regulatory matters as well as a variety of financial instruments and transactions, including managed accounts, credit facilities, joint ventures, and derivative instruments.
She works closely with strategic, institutional, and seed investors and also represents clients in investigations by the SEC and other regulators. Ms. Gordon is a frequent speaker and author. She is a chartered financial analyst (CFA) and currently serves on an advisory board of a large hedge fund.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
- Allegheny College, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : New York
- Created hedge funds and private equity fund structures in a variety of jurisdictions including the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Luxembourg, Mauritius, the Isle of Man, and the British Virgin Islands for managers located in US, Canada, India, Russia, UK, Switzerland, China, Latin America, Luxembourg, and the Middle East
- Represented major institutional, seed, strategic, and other investors in connection with their investments in hedge funds, real estate funds, private equity funds (including co-investment opportunities), venture capital funds, and commodity pools
- Represented private fund managers in SEC and other regulatory investigations in connection with issues such as insider trading and short selling; created and reviewed compliance programs, policies and procedures and conducted annual compliance reviews for U.S. and non-U.S. advisers
- Assisted a European manager with review and advice concerning 2016 Securities Financing Transactions Regulation collateral arrangement rules and other regulatory developments on ISDA swaps and other derivative transactions
- Association for Investment Management and Research
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Stamford Society of Security Analysts
- Former member, American Bar Association, Committee on Investment Management
Rate : $$$