Kay McNab is chair of the firm’s public finance department. She focuses her practice on public finance and lending. She has significant experience in representing banks and other financial institutions in public offerings and private placements of debt, in addition to secured lending and structured finance.
Over the course of her career, Kay has worked in the banking and public finance areas. She has extensive experience in acting as counsel to both domestic and foreign banks providing credit and liquidity support for tax-exempt financings for municipal, healthcare and non-profit borrowers, as well as counsel to such banks in purchasing such obligations directly.
Kay has also represented commercial banks in structuring secured and unsecured transactions, including revolving and term loan facilities. In addition, she actively represents underwriters and remarketing agents in public offerings and private placements of debt.
- Representation of bank group providing line of credit facility for the State of Illinois.
- Representation of bank group providing hybrid liquidity facilities with commitments aggregating approximately $500 million to support variable rate debt of one of the nation’s largest non-profit health systems.
- Representation of banks and other financial institutions in direct purchases of over $1 billion of bonds issued to finance senior living facilities across the county.
- Representation of banks in connection with liquidity facilities with commitments of approximately $600 million to state housing authorities in support of variable rate bonds.
- Representation of underwriters in connection with multiple series of fixed rate and variable rate airport revenue bonds.
- Representation of underwriters and remarketing agents with respect to approximately $1 billion of pollution control bonds issued for two southern utility companies.
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, Order of the Coif, Notes and Comments Editor, The University of Illinois Law Review, 1988
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, 1985
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$