Kaylan M. Meaza is an associate in the business litigation practice. Her practice includes representing clients in a variety of civil litigation matters, including product liability and contract disputes.
Kaylan represents large corporations in complex litigation. She contributes to the success of this litigation with thorough and detailed research and writing that both provide a foundation for briefing and inform litigation strategy.
Kaylan helps counsel clients throughout the litigation cycle, including with respect to when and how to respond to litigation and the best strategies for securing a favorable result.
Representative Matters :
- Representing a major airline in a contractual dispute that is set for trial.
- Negotiating and resolving claims on behalf of a major pharmaceutical company with respect to a recalled product.
- Assisted in discovery and pretrial preparation for a large national company in a high-stakes product liability suit.
- Assisted a local county in responding to a government agency disclosure request.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Gate City Bar Association
- Member, Young Professionals Advisory Committee, Atlanta Children’s Shelter
Professional Experience :
- Legal Intern, Legal Aid of North Carolina, 2015
- Criminal and Administrative Intern, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2014
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2017, Dean’s Fellow Coordinator; President, Student Bar Association; Civil Litigation Clinic
- North Carolina State University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2014, Political Science and Criminology
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$