Kazuhiro Shimizu is an experienced business lawyer who practices corporate, commercial, and intellectual property law. He leads Alston & Bird’s Japan Business Team and is fluent in Japanese. Mr. Shimizu represents and advises Japanese corporations in their investments and operations in the U.S. as well as major U.S. corporations doing business in Japan.
He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, greenfield investments, business process outsourcing, distributorship and sales representative arrangements, various service contracts, and technology and intellectual property transactions.
Working with his partners, Mr. Shimizu also advises clients on compliance, commercial litigation, products liability, tax, economic incentives, employment, immigration, real estate, construction, land use, and myriad other matters.
- New York University (J.D., 1996)
- University of Southern California (B.S., 1992)
- New York
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Georgia, board
- Japan-America Society of Georgia, board
- Japan Business Association of Southern California
Rate : $$$$