Keesha N. Warmsby is a consumer financial services lawyer with a litigation and regulatory practice, primarily representing financial services companies on TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA, third party vendor oversight and other consumer statutes.
She has led multiple 50-state survey projects for Fortune 500 companies concerning state and federal consumer statutes and UDAP regulations. Additionally, she has prepared compliance policies and guidelines, including TCPA policies for banks and nonbank lenders, and counseled clients in a supporting capacity concerning CFPB-led enforcement actions.
Keesha is a co-author of the Mortgage Bankers Association Compliance Essentials Dodd-Frank Section 342 Diversity and Inclusion Resource Guide®.
- Defends financial institutions and service providers in consumer initiated class actions regarding federal and state consumer protection statutes.
- Defends mortgage servicers in contested foreclosure actions in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisted publicly traded company in remediation effort during investigation by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Resulted favorably for client.
- Counsels financial services institution on federal and state regulatory compliance matters.
- Trains financial services compliance officers regarding state and federal lending and consumer statutes.
- Assisted with creation of policy and procedures for mortgage lenders in order to ensure compliance under Dodd-Frank.
- Acts as compliance counsel for mortgage and auto lenders, drafting policy procedures to ensure Dodd-Frank compliance.
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association: Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association
- Financial Services Committee: Co-Chair
- Barrister Leadership Program: Graduate (2012)
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association
- Professional Development Committee: Co-Chair (2012 to 2013)
- American Inns of Court, Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer Inn.
Community : Vineyard Legal Clinic
- J.D., Ohio Northern University Claude W. Pettit College of Law, 2010; Merit Scholar (2008 to 2010); Chief Justice, Moot Court; Order of the Barristers; 1st Place Winner, Burke E. Smith Trial Competition; 1st Place Anthony J. Celebrezze Appellate Advocacy Competition
- B.A., Business Administration, Kennesaw State University, summa cum laude, Golden Key National Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Rate : $$$