Keisha O. Coleman focuses her practice on sophisticated financial services, business, securities, and white-collar criminal litigation and investigations. Keisha is an experienced trial lawyer who has represented and tried multiple cases on behalf of individuals and both international and smaller, start-up companies.
She has tried federal white-collar criminal cases and has been involved in several high-profile securities matters involving SEC enforcement, FINRA enforcement, and parallel DOJ investigations. And she has a wide range of federal and state commercial litigation experience, including particular experience with federal Lanham Act and state unfair and deceptive trade practices claims and claims brought to protect companies’ trade secrets and competitive rights.
Additionally, Keisha has particular experience with federal and state interpleader actions. She regularly counsels financial institutions on when to file an interpleader action in the face of conflicting instructions regarding fiduciary and custodial accounts and on how to best situate themselves to optimize fee-recovery, prevent affirmative claims, and obtain protective relief from the court.
Her pro bono representation has included victims of domestic violence in court proceedings and serving on a team of attorneys seeking habeas corpus and other relief in a high-profile matter that required top-secret security clearance.
- Successfully obtained judgment for all claimed damages and attorneys’ fees, as trial counsel, for biotech company in a suit involving claims of Lanham Act violations and breach of distributorship agreement.
- Served as trial counsel, through two federal criminal trials, for a doctor facing charges of healthcare and tax fraud.
- Served as trial counsel for pressure-gauge manufacturer in a suit involving claims of unfair and deceptive trade practices and false advertising under the Lanham Act.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for Fortune 500 financial services company in case alleging fraud and negligence against firm and its financial advisor.
- Successfully obtained dismissal, with prejudice, of lawsuit alleging food-labeling violations and various state tort claims against Fortune 200 packaged-foods company.
- Successfully obtained summary determination and reinstatement of a large grocery store chain to Georgia’s supplemental nutrition program.
- Successfully obtained favorable settlement—on eve of oral argument before appellate court, following submission of briefs—for a major insurance company appealing a trial verdict.
- Auburn University, BA, summa cum laude
- The University of Georgia School of Law, JD, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Auburn Alumni Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers American Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, General Litigation Section
Rate : $$$