Keith J. Blum, a partner in Pillsbury’s Tax group, advises corporate and ultra-high- and high-net-worth individuals and families in international and domestic tax transactions, investments and planning matters.
Keith’s practice regularly includes structuring and negotiating complex taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, business organizations and operations, restructurings, equity and debt financings, fund formations, operations and transactions, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances.
His practice further includes tax-exempt entity formation, operations, and governance and federal and state compliance, as well as tax controversy. Keith also supports firm’s litigators in matters relating to tax, accounting, auditing, and corporate governance, and has participated in a number of the firm’s corporate forensic investigations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised Wynn Resorts Limited on tax planning related to its international tax structure.
- Advised River Break Distributing on tax planning for development and operation of its cannabis distribution and logistics business.
- Counseled Bal Harbour Shoppes in a joint venture with Swire Properties and Simon Properties for the development of a large high-end retail mall in downtown Miami.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on tax planning for a seed capital investment in The Weinstein Company.
- Advised Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network on various domestic partnership matters and a leveraged recapitalization.
- Advised Bradford Capital on tax planning of sale of original electronic equipment manufacturer to Honeywell International and a corporate restructuring.
- Advised Tudor Investment Corporation in various fund formation and transactional matters.
- Advised Miami Association of REALTORS, the largest realtor’s association in the United States, in various acquisitions of other tax-exempt realtors’ associations.
- Advised Capstone Wealth Management in connection with its acquisition by Citrin Cooperman in an investment advisor roll-up transaction.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- LL.M., (in Taxation), University of Miami School of Law, 1993
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1990
- M.S., University of Florida, 1987
- B.S., University of Florida, 1986
ADMISSIONS : Florida
COURTS : U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$