Keith C. Cramer is a Senior Partner at Gordon & Rees. He is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Dallas office and co-chairs the National Construction Practice Group. He has a diverse national practice representing and counseling major U.S. and foreign businesses and individuals in a wide variety of commercial and construction disputes, product liability, contract negotiation, intellectual property, risk management, and complex litigation in state and federal courts, before arbitration panels, and before administrative agencies.
Mr. Cramer has represented a wide range of individuals and business entities in his practice at Gordon & Rees. He has been national coordinating and trial counsel for clients with mass product liability litigation throughout the United States.
He has been retained as an expert on liability and damages regarding construction of a multi-billion dollar refinery project. He has extensive experience with commercial litigation, professional liability, contract negotiation, product liability, downhole oil well failures, and oil and gas pipeline claims.
His construction practice includes construction and design litigation, architects & engineers, delay and disruption, and surety and liens. He has represented owners, developers, design professionals, and contractors on numerous public and private projects, and regularly conducts dispute avoidance counseling. He has also defended medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation.
Mr. Cramer has received multiple Super Lawyers® and Top Attorney distinctions, and is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. His expertise includes all aspects of intellectual property including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing and complex commercial litigation.
Mr. Cramer has been involved in complex litigation on behalf of his clients in California, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma and multiple other states. He has advised clients on dispute resolution, claim avoidance, insurance (including OCIP/Wrap policies) and a wide variety of other legal issues.
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Diego School of Law, 1993
- B.A., Biochemistry/Cell Biology, University of California, San Diego
Admissions : California, Texas, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Experience :
- Retained as an expert on issues of liability and damages of a Joint-Venture General Contractor involving claims in excess of $1 billion regarding the design and construction of a large oil refinery in Texas
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright Litigation and Prosecution
- Represented a major contractor on a $16 million delay claim on a public project involving the construction of an assisted living facility
- Represented the contractor on a claim in excess of $40 million involving the construction of a large condominium development
- Counseled commercial contractors on construction contracts for large manufacturing and office facilities
- Represented all trades covered by Owner Controlled Insurance Policy, including the developer and general contractor, in litigation involving the construction of a high-rise condominium project
- Represented all trades covered by Owner Controlled Insurance Policy, including the design professionals, in multiple cases involving mass residential construction
Rate : $$$$