Keith R. Gercken is a partner in the Tax, Employee Benefits, and Trusts and Estates Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. Gercken’s practice includes all areas of business income taxation, with emphasis on corporate and partnership taxation and international transactions.
He advises corporate and individual clients on the U.S. federal and international tax consequences of a wide range of transactions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions; partnerships and joint ventures; the formation and operation of equity funds; finance transactions; tax-free exchanges; international licensing; foreign operations (including cross-border joint ventures between U.S. and non-U.S. partners); and inbound investment into the United States by non-U.S. investors.
Mr. Gercken is the author of a number of articles on international, corporate and partnership issues, and has been published in USC Major Tax Planning, Business Law Today and Tax Notes International.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 1987, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- Represented Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Co. in the sale of properties to Realty Income Corporation and subsequent leaseback of the properties
- Represented four Almar Management, Inc. affiliated limited partnerships in sale and leaseback transactions with CNL Lifestyle Properties, Inc.
- Represented Electrical Real Estate Capital Program One, LP in its equity investment in The Lakes of Millbrook Apartments, LLC
- Represented the Sebastiani Vineyards, Inc. shareholder group in the sale of the Sebastiani winery and portions of the company’s real property, as well as the spin-off of the company property not involved in the sale.
- Represented Xinhua Finance Limited (TSE Mothers: 9399) (OTC ADRs: XHFNY) in connection with their sale of assets to Forever Alliance Limited and PRN Business Consulting (Shanghai) Company Limited.
- Represented Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE) in the acquisition of Dallas Clean Energy LLC by CE Dallas Renewables LLC, a joint venture between Clean Energy and Cambrian Energy McCommas Bluff LLC.
- Represented California Portland Cement Company in its acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of SSMC Holdings Corp., the parent company of Silver State Materials, LLC.
- Represented Adconion Media, Inc. and Adconion Media Group, Ltd. in connection with the purchase of the common stock of Frontline Direct Incorporated.
- Represented International Rectifier Corporation (NYSE: IRF) in the $290 million sale of its international Power Control Systems business to Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE:VSH).
- Represented RadNet, Inc (formerly Primedex Health Systems, Inc.) (OTCBB: RDNT.OB) in its acquisition of Radiologix, Inc. (AMEX: RGX)
- Represented California Portland Cement Company in its acquisition of all of the assets of B&B Red-I-Mix Concrete, Inc., a producer and seller of concrete and related building materials.
- Represented California Portland Cement Company in its acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of Greene’s Ready Mixed Concrete Co., a producer and seller of concrete and related building materials.
- Represented Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated and its shareholders in the sale of all of the stock of Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated to Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT)
- Represented Vodafone Group plc (NYSE: VOD) in connection with several significant stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions in Latin America and Asia.
- Represented a Fortune 50 financial services company in connection with the partial sale and restructuring of its investment in a Puerto Rico electric generation facility.
- Member, Section of Taxation, Committee on U.S. Activities of Foreigners and Tax Treaties, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$