Keith A. Jacoby is the firm’s co-chair of the Class Action Practice Group and has been representing employers in high stakes class action and single plaintiff cases for his entire career.
He has served as lead counsel in over twenty-five trials and arbitrations, including several class/mass actions. He concentrates on representing clients in the high-tech, transportation and retail industries. Recent successes include:
- A “first in the United States” merits arbitration award for a gig economy technology company, finding an individual worker was an independent contractor and not an employee.
- Defense award for a financial services company finding its Chief Operating Officer was not defrauded out of over seven million dollars in wages and bonus compensation.
- Judgment in favor of nationwide food retailer finding its tip pooling policy was legal under California law.
- Order of non-certification of 40,000 person California custodial worker class.
Keith frequently lectures on conducting employee investigations and preventing workplace harassment. He completed the civil mediation training program at the Strauss Institute, Pepperdine School of Law.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1990
- B.A., Cornell University, 1987
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Legal Chair, Westside Neighborhood School
- Member, Board of Directors, Westside Neighborhood School
Rate : $$$