Keith A. Meyer is a partner in the firm’s Insurance Recovery Group, and has represented policyholders in complex insurance coverage disputes for more than 30 years. He has successfully obtained insurance coverage for products liability claims, toxic torts claims, environmental cleanup matters, business interruption claims, employment liability claims, director’s and officer’s claims, errors and omissions claims and first-party property policy issues.
His clients have included large corporate policyholders in a broad variety of businesses, including manufacturing, aerospace, energy, pharmaceutical, medical device, entertainment, communications and technology companies. Keith has successfully sought insurance coverage against American, British and other foreign insurers as well as insurance brokers and agents.
He has successfully prosecuted insurance bad faith claims and has recovered more than $50 million in insurance settlements. His practice has included the prosecution of insurance coverage disputes for historic asbestos liabilities faced by numerous companies, including the reconstruction of missing policies, and he continues to act as national insurance counsel to ensure that a major company’s insurers comply with their coverage obligations.
He has successfully settled insurance coverage disputes for a major manufacturer arising from more than a dozen product liability class actions, has represented two of Hollywood’s top talent agencies in obtaining insurance coverage for several high-profile employment disputes and has successfully obtained business interruption coverage in several cases arising from catastrophic losses at each company’s headquarters.
- Loyola Law School, 1982, J.D., Member, St. Thomas Moore Law Honor Society; Chairman, Jessup International Moot Court Championship Teams (1981-1982)
- Claremont McKenna College, 1979, B.A., Political Science and History Double Major, cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- Asbestos insurance coverage – Obtained a favorable settlement for a policyholder facing enormous present and future losses arising from asbestos claims. The insurer agreed to cover nearly all of the client’s present and future defense costs in connection with the claim under policies issued more than 30 years ago.
- Asbestos insurance coverage – Successfully obtained insurance coverage for policyholders faced with more than 15,000 lawsuits alleging injuries from products manufactured as early as 1951.
- Bodily injury claims – Successfully obtained defense and indemnity for a major nuclear technology company arising out of dozens of bodily injury claims stemming from a uranium mine, without filing a complaint.
- Business Interruption coverage – Represents technology company in pursuit of business interruption and bad faith claim where insurer’s conduct resulted in the virtual demise of the business.
- Business interruption – Successfully obtained business interruption insurance coverage resulting from major fire that destroyed corporation’s headquarters when company was set to launch innovative software platform.
- Directors and officers coverage – Represents an international corporation in a bad faith suit arising out of an insurer’s failure to pay defense costs under a directors and officers policy in connection with three underlying class action securities claims.
- Directors and officers coverage – Successfully obtained D&O insurance benefits for manufacturer faced with dozens of class actions arising from lead paint exposures.
- Employment liability coverage – Successfully represented major Hollywood company in bad faith action against its employment liability insurer.
Rate : $$$