Keith R. Murphy is a client-focused partner concentrating in corporate reorganization, bankruptcy, litigation, fiduciary representations and creditors’ rights, including representations of creditors in the aerospace industry.
Keith also has significant experience representing trustees in brokerage house liquidation proceedings commenced by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, and representing court-appointed receivers in investment fraud proceedings initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
Keith’s representation of clients across other industries, including manufacturing, retail, aerospace, steel and health care, provide him with the background and experience needed to address complex commercial and litigation issues.
- Represented a Chapter 11 debtor of a building product manufacturing corporation in its successful reorganization.
- Represented lessors and secured creditors in the Avianca, Varig and TWA airline bankruptcy cases.
- Represented the CFTC receiver for IATrading.com Inc. involving the liquidation of a fraudulent investment adviser.
- Represented the SEC receiver for Northshore Asset Management LLC involving the liquidation of a failed investment group and funds due to fraud.
- Represented the SEC receiver for Sagam Corp. involving the liquidation of a fraudulent investment adviser.
- Represented the Chapter 11 debtors in the Integrated Health Services Inc. and Caldor Corp. bankruptcy cases.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1996, Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Rate : $$$