Keith Schiszik focuses his practice on complex family law matters involving separation, divorce and child custody. When possible he negotiates out-of-court settlements through mediation, collaborative processes or settlement conference. When a fair settlement can not be reached, he is no stranger to taking issues to the court room.
Mr. Schiszik is on the Board of Directors for the Maryland Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC). This is an international, multidisciplinary organization composed of Judges, Lawyers, Mental Health providers and mediators. The mission of the AFCC is to improve the lives of children who are involved in the court process due to divorce and family problems.
- American University, J.D. Law, 1970-1973
- American University, B.A., J.D. Political Science/Law 1966-1971
Admissions : Maryland
- Commissioner, Legislative Commission on Child Custody Laws (2013 – 2014)
- Past Chair, State Bar Family Law Section
- Co-Chair, Family Law Committee – Frederick County Bar Assn. 2012-2014
- Family Law Committee 1989-1991
- Member, Governors Task Force on Family Law, 1990-1992
Rate : $$$$