Keith Shumate leverages his nearly 25 years of experience litigating complex matters for major corporations to provide business strategy advice and counselling to global organizations in the healthcare, manufacturing, retail and financial services industries. He regularly advises clients on risk mitigation strategies.
Keith has significant healthcare litigation experience representing hospitals, health systems, health insurers and managed care networks. He advises healthcare clients on regulatory issues, internal investigations, and growth strategies.
In addition to healthcare litigation, Keith also advises a leading global retailer on trademark and brand protection issues around the globe. On behalf of an international manufacturing company, he counsels on the development and pursuit of strategies to defend against various lawsuits in jurisdictions nationwide, and advises and defends a leading national financial institution on a broad spectrum of matters including class action lawsuits.
Prior to joining Squire Patton Boggs, Keith served as a judicial clerk for The Honorable David A. Nelson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Former president, The Ohio State University Law Alumni Society
- Member, The Ohio State University’s National Council of the College of Law Alumni Association
- Serves on the board of trustees for the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds
- The Ohio State University, J.D., with honors, 1991
- The University of Akron, B.A., magna cum laude, 1988
Rate : $$$