Keith A. Starr represents companies in all phases of litigation. He has experience litigating a wide range of matters, including personal injury, property damage and commercial and employment matters.
He drafts motions, coordinates discovery and prepares and defends his clients at trial and on appeal. Keith has successfully drafted and argued multiple dispositive motions for several clients in jurisdictions across the U.S.
During his undergraduate years, Keith was a team captain on Benedictine College’s varsity football team. Before law school, Keith worked with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Missouri at Kansas City to ensure compliance with NCAA rules and bylaws.
He later used this work as the basis for his published article in the Missouri Law Review, which describes the application of federal antitrust law to NCAA bylaws.
Keith sharpened his advocacy skills in law school by working with veterans of the U.S. military. Through his participation in Mizzou’s Veterans Clinic, he represented veterans seeking disability benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at both the administrative and appellate levels.
He also competed in the National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition twice and reached the quarterfinals. He continues to represent several veterans in his pro bono practice.
Keith also serves as a Special Public Defender in the Missouri State Public Defender System, and he recently defended an indigent defendant charged with multiple felonies at his jury trial.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 2015
- Veterans Law Clinic
- National Moot Court Competition
- National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Property, Advocacy & Research)
- Order of the Coif
- Missouri Law Review, Associate Managing Editor
- Dean’s List
- M.B.A., University of Missouri – Kansas City Bloch School of Management, 2012
- B.A., Benedictine College, 2009 (Physical Education, Psychology)
- Dean’s List
- Varsity Football
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$