Keith A. Trammell is a leading corporate lawyer who counsels public companies, private equity funds and privately held companies on capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. He is exceptionally skilled at helping clients navigate through negotiated purchase and sales, unsolicited and hostile acquisition proposals, equity and debt securities offerings, leveraged buyouts, corporate restructurings and corporate governance matters.
As a lawyer with a deep understanding of the complex legal market, Mr. Trammell also advises clients on cross-border transactions and securities matters for dual listed companies and foreign private issuers.
His transactional and capital markets experience spans a variety of industries, including cable television, consumer products, food and beverage, retail, media and entertainment, energy, mining, healthcare and life sciences.
Before joining WilmerHale, Mr. Trammell was a corporate law and securities partner for 13 years at another international law firm where he represented a broad range of Fortune 500 companies, private equity sponsors and sponsor-backed companies, and headed that firm’s regional Consumer Products and Food and Beverage practice.
Mr. Trammell is passionate about public school education reform and serves as a trustee for one of the highest performing public charter school operators in the Denver Public Schools. He also coaches youth sports, is a world-ranked amateur triathlete and marathoner, and an avid endurance athlete.
Community Involvement :
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, STRIVE Preparatory Charter School
- Chair, Denver Zoo Do at the Zoo Corporate Fundraising Committee, 2007–2009
- Member, Board of Directors, International and National Voluntary Service Training Program, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2005–2006
- Member, Denver Zoo Young Professional Fundraising Committee (Wild Things Society), 2003–2006
Mr. Trammell is a member of the American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and Denver Bar Association.
- Representing Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE) in its merger agreement with Cineworld Group PLC, the UK’s largest cinema operator, for $5.9 billion.
- Represented Nordstrom family in connection with potential going private transaction with Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE).
- Represented Vail Resorts (NYSE) in its acquisitions of Okemo Mountain Resort, Vermont, Mount Sunapee Resort, New Hampshire, and Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Colorado.
- Regular outside counsel to Mountaingate Capital, a leading private equity firm in investments in HS2 Solutions and Elite SEM.
- Represented HS2 Solutions in its acquisition of LunaMetrics, Infield Digital and its cross-border Canadian acquisition of Demac Media.
- Represented ARCA biopharma (NASDAQ) in acquisition of Nuvelo, Inc. and related proxy solicitation.
- Represented Local Insight Media, L.P., a platform company of Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, in various acquisitions.
- Represented TransMontaigne, Inc. (NYSE), in multiple cross-border transactions involving sales of terminal and pipeline assets.
- JD, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2000
- BA, University of Colorado, 1995
ADMISSIONS : Colorado
Rate : $$$$