Kelley L. Smith helps companies—buyers and sellers alike—manage risk and resolve issues through every stage of the transaction cycle, with the goal of closing a deal that meets their strategic needs.
Kelley works with companies in a host of industries and has particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, and franchisor-franchisee relationships.
During transactions, she coordinates due diligence investigations, drafts and negotiates principal agreements and related documents, incorporates deal support from practice area specialists, and manages closings.
Along with her transaction work, Kelley provides general guidance to domestic and international companies on corporate matters including commercial contracts, distribution arrangements and entity structures.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology (student comment editor) (2008)
- University of Michigan, M.Acc. (2005)
- University of Michigan, B.B.A. (2004)
Bar Admissions : California, Illinois, New York
Civic Activities :
- LAF (Legal Assistance Foundation) Young Professionals Board
- Goodman Theater Ambassador Program
Rate : $$$