Kelley Taylor Hearne focuses her practice on strategic transactions for clients in the health care industry such as hospitals, health systems, physician groups and specialty care providers. Kelley advises clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and hospital and physician affiliations as well as on general corporate or other business entity formation and governance, and general business contract drafting.
Her work frequently involves nonprofit organizations, giving her a broad understanding of the unique issues facing tax-exempt entities. Her practice also includes extensive collaboration with the dialysis and vascular access consultants from firm subsidiary Innovative Health Strategies, LLC.
In this collaboration, Kelley assists hospitals, health systems and physician groups in divestitures and joint ventures of their dialysis programs and/or vascular access programs, as well as the negotiation of acute dialysis services contracts and medical director agreements.
- Represented a wide-range of hospitals and physician groups in 50+ strategic transactions involving dialysis and vascular access programs.
- Represented an urgent care company in connection with a broad cross-section of corporate and regulatory matters, including but not limited to its acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Represented a nonprofit health system in Washington state on the sale of substantially all of its assets to a for profit health system.
- Represented a nonprofit community hospital in New Jersey on the acquisition of free-standing imaging center and on the restructuring of its cardiology relationship.
- Represented two different nonprofit community hospitals in Pennsylvania in connection with their respective strategic affiliations with other nonprofit health care systems.
- Represented a consumer driven health plan in its sale to a publicly traded commercial health benefits company.
- Represented a global health care project manager in its negotiation of certain joint ventures, financing, and vendor agreements.
- Represented a health care trade association in its negotiation of a joint venture with a privately held conference manager to own and operate the annual trade show.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1994
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$