Kelli Bills draws on a passion for appellate advocacy and the intricacies of the law to assist clients at every stage of litigation, from pretrial dispositive motions to complex appeals. Kelli has assisted clients in a wide array of industries with a variety of legal issues, from partnership and contract disputes to bankruptcy and arbitration.
Kelli enjoys analyzing the legal issues presented in each case to find the best arguments for her clients. She then uses those arguments to craft persuasive pre- and post-trial motions and appellate briefs for clients before both federal and state courts.
Kelli takes her civic responsibilities as seriously as her responsibility to her clients. Kelli has accepted several pro bono representations, one of which led to oral argument before the Fifth Circuit as amici counsel on behalf of eight public interest organizations.
Kelli was selected as a member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class and as an associate in the Higginbotham Inn of Court in 2013. Kelli has also authored numerous articles, including a quarterly update on Fifth Circuit opinions for the State Bar of Texas Appellate Advocate publication.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Appellate Practice
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2010, with high honors; Chancellor; Order of the Coif; Order of Barristers; Finalist in Conrad Duberstein Bankruptcy Interscholastic Moot Court Competition, 2010; Texas Review of Law and Politics,Senior Editor; Texas International Law Journal, Co-Director of Development
- B.A., Government, University of Texas at Austin, 2007, Liberal Arts Honors; Phi Beta Kappa; minor in Economics
- Colorado, 2015
- Texas, 2010
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Rate : $$$