Kellie Bobo is an associate in the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Austin office of Haynes and Boone. Kellie’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance.
Kellie regularly advises investment funds, investment advisors, and commodity pool operators and traders with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Kellie also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F, Forms 3, 4, and 5 and Form ADV.
Kellie has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Assisting clients in buy-outs, recapitalizations and restructurings
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Representing numerous institutions and family offices in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds
- Representing numerous institutional investors and family offices in structuring and negotiating separately managed accounts
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance with securities laws
Professional and Community Activities:
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Wall Street Women
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2012, with honors; Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law; The Review of Litigation
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude; Florida Blue Key Inductee
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude
- Law Clerk, Office of the Attorney General of Texas, July 2010-August 2010
- Intern, for Justice Johnson, Supreme Court of Texas, May 2010-June 2010
- Intern, State Attorney’s Office’s Domestic Abuse Unit, June 2006-August 2006
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2012
Rate : $$$$