Kelly Ann Petrocelli has more than 15 years of experience assisting mid-market to Fortune 500 companies to manage and resolve employment disputes, including those involving compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, and similar state employment laws.
Serving as lead and co-counsel, she appears regularly before state and federal courts in Illinois and Michigan, as well as administrative agencies including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Michigan Department of Civil Rights, Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
In addition to representing employers in litigation, Kelly also helps clients protect and grow their organizations through effective counseling and consulting on complex leave of absence issues, workplace injuries, investigating harassment complaints, implementing effective employment policies and procedures, including employee handbooks, hiring practices, discipline and termination issues.
Kelly is a contributor to the firm’s LaborSphere blog, which provides coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of employee benefits and labor issues.
Prior to entering the legal field, Kelly worked in Washington, DC, for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the Democratic Caucus of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- James Madison College at Michigan State University, B.A.
Bar Admissions : Illinois, Michigan
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$