Kelly Sinner Biggins is a Partner in Locke Lord’s Business Litigation department and Insurance and Labor & Employment practice groups. She concentrates her practice on business litigation, insurance litigation and insurance coverage.
Kelly has gained experience representing clients in a wide variety of litigation matters in state and federal courts including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, false advertising, unfair business practices, commercial fraud, aviation and products liability disputes.
Kelly’s practice also includes representation of employers in cases involving allegations of employment discrimination and harassment, and unfair competition claims. Kelly further has experience in insurance matters including insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, direct insurance coverage disputes, and interpleader actions.
Kelly’s litigation experience includes all aspects of litigation and arbitration, and encompasses pretrial law and motion matters, discovery and trial preparation. Kelly is also dedicated to all manner of Firm activities, serving as a member of the firm’s Marketing/Practice Development Committee and Pro Bono Committee.
Prior to becoming Partner, Kelly served on the firm-wide Associates Committee and as an Associate Liaison to the Associate Development & Orientation Committee. Kelly also participates in all facets of the Firm’s law school recruiting and the summer associate program for the Los Angeles office.
- Defending a major insurance company in a case involving age discrimination and breach of contract claims brought by former independent contractor who sought over $8 million in compensatory damages in addition to punitive damages. Member of Locke Lord trial team that obtained a defense verdict for the company after multi-week jury trial.
- Representing a major insurance company in breach of contract disputes involving recovery of workers compensation premiums and allegations of bad faith claims mishandling.
- Defending London insurer in breach of contract and bad faith dispute regarding denial of benefits under port risk marine insurance policy where plaintiffs sought in excess of $16 million in damages.
- Initiating interpleader actions on behalf of domestic insurer regarding dispute of entitlement to benefits under various life insurance policies.
- Drafting memorandum to London insurer regarding California earthquake adjusting standards and training.
- J.D., cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2007
- B.S., magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2001
- California, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$$