Kelly Marino Bonovich is a trial lawyer who has worked with clients of diverse industries to achieve success in wide-ranging complex commercial disputes. Kelly has handled all stages of litigation, with significant experience in trial proceedings in federal and state courts and in arbitration. She has extensive trial skills and has focused particularly on working with testifying expert witnesses in various complex industries.
Kelly’s experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of disputes, including state law breach of contract claims, securities claims, insurance claims, and claims arising from state False Claims Act.
Kelly also has conducted corporate internal investigations on behalf of clients and frequently counsels clients concerning contract disputes and, particularly, disputes governed by Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code. In that role, she has focused on claims assessment and identifying and minimizing potential exposure for clients.
Kelly recently was a key member of a team that successfully represented R.J. Reynolds in a billion dollar contract dispute with dozens of states over payments due under the tobacco Master Settlement Agreement. As part of that representation, Kelly served on several trial teams in a series of arbitration proceedings before a panel of three retired federal judges.
Kelly has significant pro bono experience, having represented clients through the National Immigrant Justice Center and Lawyers for the Creative Arts, as well as other clients in need. She also serves as a career mentor for students at Notre Dame Law School.
- University of Notre Dame (J.D. magna cum laude 2007; Executive Articles Editor, Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy);
- Georgetown University (B.A. in English and Government cum laude 2004)
BAR ADMISSIONS : California and Illinois
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Wayne Andersen,
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Summer 2005)
- Family remains intact by obtaining adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident for Mexican national client
- R.J. Reynolds seeks reduction in 2003 settlement payments
- Potash Corporation successfully defends historic $43.1 billion hostile takeover bid
- Successful litigation improves health and therapy treatment of civilly-detained individual, and secures greater protection of his constitutional rights
- Entrepreneur successfully resolves complex shareholder dispute in arbitration.
Rate : $$$$