Kelly Becker is a litigator whose appellate practice regularly includes cases before the Louisiana courts of appeal, the Louisiana Supreme Court, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. Her practice focuses on complex litigation, including environmental, energy, and commercial matters.
Based on her experience, Kelly is also frequently retained to write amicus briefs on behalf of businesses and trade organizations in matters of industry-wide significance.
Kelly is regularly engaged to assess the viability of appeal and often participates at the trial stage of a case as an appellate strategist. Kelly also handles strategic motion practice at the trial court level. Currently, Kelly manages legal strategy and briefing for several oil and gas industry clients in the Louisiana coastal land loss docket.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 2001;
- University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction, 1998
Bar Admissions : Louisiana, 2001
- New Orleans Bar Association, 2018 Co-Chair, Appellate Practice Subcommittee
- New Orleans Bar Association, 2014 – Chair, Oil and Gas Subcommittee
- American Bar Association – Appellate Committee
- Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$