Kelly H. Foos defends companies against product liability, personal injury, wrongful death, property damage and commercial claims by helping clients solve problems, avoid litigation where possible and minimize exposure when litigation cannot be avoided.
She has experience in all aspects of pre-trial and trial work, including pre-suit risk mitigation and analysis; fact investigation; written and deposition discovery; preparing and defending expert witnesses and corporate representatives; dispositive and other motion practice; mediation; arbitration proceedings; and appellate practice.
Kelly has served as first chair of two commercial arbitrations, and in several cases, she drafted briefing that resulted in full or partial dismissal of pending claims.
In addition to serving as first chair, Kelly has experience as second chair of a trial and third chair for several multi week product liability trials.
Before rejoining Kelly practiced as a litigation associate focused on product liability litigation at a New York City-based AmLaw 100 firm and afterwards at a general service firm in Lawrence, Kansas.
- J.D., University of Kansas, 2009
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, Symposium Editor
- Raymond Rice Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- M.U.P., University of Kansas, 1998 (Urban Planning)
- Voted Student of the Year by department faculty
- B.A., with highest distinction, University of Kansas, 1996
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- University and Departmental Honors
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Judge Hugh Means Inn of Court
- Leadership Lawrence Class of 2017
- Lawrence Community Orchestra, Treasurer
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity Women Build Fundraiser, Planning Committee Member
- Lawrence Humane Society, Volunteer
Rate : $$$