Kelly Karapetyan is Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Practice. Kelly focuses her practice on counseling regarding the pre-merger notification requirements in the U.S. under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (“HSR”) and throughout the world.
She provides general counseling with regard to antitrust compliance issues, including integration planning. Kelly’s practice involves mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures in a number of industries, including finance, energy, steel, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, software and telecommunications.
Recent transactions on which Kelly has worked prior to joining Simpson Thacher include the representation of:
- American Axle, in its pending acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group Inc.
- Salesforce.com in its $2.8 billion acquisition of Demandware and its pending acquisition of Quip, Inc.
- LANXESS in its acquisition of Chemours’ Clean and Disinfect Specialties Business
- Investcorp in its €1 billion sale of Icopal a/s to GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer
- Liberty Global on its acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and on its investment stake in Lions Gate Entertainment Corp
Kelly received her J.D. from Duke University School of Law and her A.B. from Princeton University. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- Duke University School of Law, 2000 J.D.
- Princeton University, 1997 A.B.
Admissions : New York 2002
Rate : $$$