Kelly L. Knudson is counsel in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s San Francisco office. Ms. Knudson is a civil litigator who focuses on labor and employment law. Her experience includes appearances in federal and state courts as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings on behalf of public corporations, public retirement systems, charitable organizations, private individuals, and private companies.
Representative cases include claims for employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, violation of non-compete agreements, breach of contract, fraud, unfair business practices, insurance coverage issues, and breach of fiduciary duty. Other experience includes appearances before the Labor Commissioner defending wage and hour claims.
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Knudson managed human resources activity for a number of organizations including a non-profit scientific research firm, biotechnology company, and consulting company. Her human resources responsibilities included employee relations, recruiting, benefits administration, employee discipline, and management training.
- J.D., University of San Francisco (2006)
- Senior Staff Member, University of San Francisco Law Review
- Faculty Appointments Committee Student Representative
- Summer Law Program, Trinity College, Dublin (2004)
- M.B.A., St. Mary’s College of California (1999)
- B.S., University of the Pacific (1996)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$