Kelly L.C. Kriebs is a corporate partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson who maintains a broad corporate practice, advising on transactions ranging from mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to financings and recapitalizations. She also provides corporate governance and strategic counseling to boards and equity holders.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kriebs spent nearly two decades at Sidley Austin LLP, where she advised private equity funds, companies, entrepreneurs and other clients in a broad range of private transactions and strategic and governance matters. She represented corporate, limited liability company and partnership buyers and sellers in private company merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions, as well as in recapitalizations and joint ventures. Her practice also included representation of secured creditors in bankruptcy and out-of-court restructurings.
Ms. Kriebs’ recent experience includes:
- Representing Mitsubishi Electric USA in the creation of its joint venture with Ingersoll-Rand for the marketing, sales and distribution of HVAC products.
- Corporate governance advice to Southern California Permanente Medical Group.
- Sale of Revolution Studios to Content Partners on behalf of investment funds managed by affiliates of Fortress Investment Group.
- Equity investment by a prominent investment firm in a sport and media finance company.
Ms. Kriebs serves as a board member and co-chair of the Business Law Section of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles. She is also a member of the California, American and Los Angeles County Bar Associations. She earned her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, where she graduated with honors and served on the UCLA Law Review. She obtained a B.A., magna cum laude, from University of California, Riverside.
- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 1999), Order of the Coif
- University of California, Riverside (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$