Kelly Whitehart is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Atlanta office who focuses her practice on litigation, in particular in the areas of intellectual property, technology, and entertainment. Ms. Whitehart handles litigation matters for clients across a wide range of industries, including technology, software, telecommunication, energy, e-commerce, and cloud computing.
Her experience includes business litigation as well as patent, trademark, false advertising, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition disputes. In addition, Kelly advises on social media policies and compliance, software licensing, false advertising, comparative advertising, and FTC regulations and compliance for marketing and advertising.
- Emory University School of Law, JD (2003)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA, with honors (2000)
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Represented a large natural gas marketer as plaintiff in a federal trademark infringement dispute
- Represented one of the country’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers, and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods in vendor dispute case
- Represented an author in negotiating a book deal with a large publishing house
- Represented writer and production company with negotiation of TV pilot with the BBC
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$$