Kelly Shinn is experienced in representing owners, buyers/sellers, tenants, and lenders in a wide variety of real estate transactions, including ground-up developments, sale-leasebacks, refinances and workouts, commercial and office leasing, and creation and operation of commercial condominiums and subcondominiums.
Kelly earned her J.D. from Temple University Beasley School of Law. She was vice president of the Business Law Society and a member of the Women’s Law Caucus. She received her bachelor’s degree from California Polytechnic State University.
- Represented a physical therapy provider in a restructuring and financing involving multiple stakeholders and complex tax planning. The transaction drew upon the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, and real estate attorneys.
- Represented a media company in connection with the sale of television station assets to one of the largest television station owners in the United States.
- Closed a joint venture transaction on behalf of the General Electric Pension Trust for the development of a residential complex in Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Represented a private equity fund in the $44.25 million acquisition of the 100/200 Four Falls office building in Conshohocken, Pa. The seller was an affiliate of LNR Partners and financing was provided by Starwood Mortgage Trust. This acquisition was notable as it closed out the fund as the fund’s sixth and final investment. Cozen O’Connor represented the fund in all six investments.
- Represented Patriot Equities, L.P. and their joint venture partner in a $135 million portfolio acquisition. The portfolio consisted of 15 office buildings, one of which was subject to a ground lease, in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2011
- California Polytechnical State University, B.A., 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$