Kelly Volkar specializes in general commercial litigation, white collar criminal defense, securities litigation, and appellate proceedings. She represents public companies and their officers and directors in a wide range of criminal and complex civil litigation in federal and state courts, including business disputes, securities class actions, derivative lawsuits, and internal investigations.
Her clients include executives of a utilities and infrastructure company, a biopharmaceutical company, and technology companies. In addition, Kelly devotes substantial time to pro bono matters.
- A telecommunications company in an independent internal investigation led by a special committee of the board of directors
- Executives of a public electric and gas utilities corporation in a federal securities class action alleging violations of the Securities Exchange Act, as well as in multiple shareholder lawsuits in California Superior Court
- A public company in an ongoing SEC investigation involving allegations of fraud in connection with disclosures made pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act
- A former executive of a clothing apparel company in an appeal defending dismissed derivative claims
- A technology corporation in multiple shareholder lawsuits in federal and state court
- University of California at Davis, School of Law, J.D.: Executive Editor, UC Davis Law Review
- University of the Pacific, B.A., English: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Judge Tallman, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit in Seattle
Rate : $$$