Kelvin B. Catmull focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution including strategic counseling and portfolio development. He practices in a wide range of technologies including semiconductor devices and processing, electronics, software, telecommunications, and networking.
Mr. Catmull represents a number of clients ranging from startups and emerging growth companies to Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Catmull spent time as an Intellectual Property intern at Affymetrix, Inc. in Santa Clara, CA. While at Affymetrix, he prosecuted patents related to genetic analysis technologies. Prior to his career in law, Mr. Catmull worked from 2000-2005 as a process engineer for Intel Corporation and from 1996-2000 as a process engineer for Motorola, Inc. As a process engineer, he worked on various aspects of semiconductor manufacturing and development.
- Lead counsel for respondents Sennheiser electronics & Co. GmbH and Sennheiser USA in patent investigation involving Bluetooth headphones. Settled favorably before significant discovery or litigation activity.
- In re Certain Wireless Headsets, ITC Investigation No. 337-TA-943.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Arizona State University, B.S.E., Chemical Engineering (1996)
- California (2007)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$