Ken McKay is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Houston office and a member of the Business Litigation Group, as well as the Oil and Gas industry service team. Ken has experience in a wide range of litigation areas. He concentrates on commercial, energy and real estate litigation, with a particular focus on eminent domain and land use matters throughout the United States.
Ken has extensive trial experience having first-chaired numerous jury trial victories in addition to successful arbitration proceedings and class actions in multiple states and is considered a skilled, versatile trial lawyer.
His eminent domain practice encompasses all aspects of condemnation law and right-of-way matters, including regulatory takings and inverse condemnation claims. Ken regularly represents pipeline owners and operators, telecommunications providers, utilities and other common carriers, as well as select commercial and residential developers and landowners in condemnation cases and pre-condemnation counseling.
His experience also includes defense of clients in high-profile lender liability and products liability trials, as well as in multi-district litigation, in addition to commercial and industrial disputes of all types.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of Mississippi, B.Accy. in Accounting, 1985
- Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – Texas Bar Foundation
- Member – Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute
- Approved Instructor – Texas Real Estate Commission MCE Courses
- Member – International Right of Way Association
- Member – American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$