Kenan G. Loomis has extensive experience in litigation, regulatory, and contractual matters pertaining to the health, life, accident, and disability insurance industry. He regularly advises clients on and litigates issues pertaining to commercial general liability, property and casualty insurance.
Kenan has litigated numerous coverage issues, including bad faith, punitive damages, and deceptive trade practices claims. He has also defended major insurance companies in various consumer related class actions and ERISA claims.
Kenan has advised health and life insurance companies on contractual issues such as agency agreements, pharmacy benefit management agreements, and has extensive experience in the implementation of new insurance products.
Kenan also counsels clients on commercial general liability, property, and casualty carriers on various coverage issues, including construction defect, and often defends insureds under commercial and property policies.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Tulane University, B.A., 1983
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia; North Carolina; Tennessee
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court — Western District of North Carolina
- State of Tennessee
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$$