Kendra L. Gaugush focuses her practice on commercial real estate litigation and lending, and general real estate matters. She has extensive experience in commercial and residential foreclosures, lender liability and commercial leasing. She also handles matters involving construction and permanent financing, property acquisition and development, landlord/tenant disputes, condominium and homeowners associations, title insurance, eminent domain and telecommunication leasing and litigation.
Kendra represents clients such as banks, lending institutions and special servicers, real property management companies and developers and telecommunication companies. Kendra also assists the firm’s general counsel on Florida-related litigation matters and risk management issues.
On behalf of her clients, Kendra has:
- Represented major financial institutions in complex foreclosures of office buildings, shopping centers, housing developments, condominium projects, restaurants, and raw land; as well as in enforcement and collection of guaranty agreements, workouts, and loan restructuring.
- Defended lender liability claims of fraud, usury, breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation, breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing, and violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Litigated a variety of other real estate matters including commercial lease disputes, contract claims, title insurance claims, quiet title suits, boundary disputes, tax deed litigation, and claims arising out of survey errors, submerged lands, restrictive covenants and easements.
- Negotiated and drafted loan documents, forbearance agreements, leases and license agreements, telecommunications leases and amendments, and contracts for purchase and sale of real property.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Notre Dame Law School, 2000, London Law Centre, London, England, Summer
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Visiting student, 1999 – 2000
- George Mason University, B.A., 1996, cum laude
Rate : $$$$