Kenneth J. Barton concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial transactions, commercial litigation, real estate, and estate planning. He has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts in Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
He has also argued cases before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He is the Managing Member of the firm’s Martinsburg office.
- Appointed as special West Virginia Attorney General regarding real estate matters for community colleges
- Represented developer of a 1200 home residential subdivision including acquisition of the property, advising the client regarding land use issues, and appearing before the planning commission
- Represented hotel developer in multiple refinancings, each in excess of $7million
- Represented lenders regularly in multi-million dollar financing transactions including preparation of all loan documents and advising lender as to real estate title issues.
- Represented purchaser in the purchase and development of a summer camp for underprivileged children from Baltimore
- Represented developers of multiple residential subdivisions in Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan, WV counties
- J.D. University of Notre Dame
- B.S. Philadelphia College of Pharmacy & Science
- Past President, Berkeley County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Past President and Board Member, United Way of Eastern Panhandle, Inc.
- Board Member, Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Advisory Board, Branch Banking & Trust Company, Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia
- Past President and Board Member, Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
- Past President and Board Member, United Way of Berkeley and Morgan Counties
- Chairman, Michael V. McCollum Golf Classic
Rate : $$$