Kenneth “Pete” Ezell’s clients include REITs, investment banking firms, developers, financial institutions, non-profit organizations and governmental units. Mr. Ezell assists his clients in structuring, negotiating and completing complex commercial real estate transactions, including developments, sales and acquisitions, land assemblages, financings and leasing.
He has significant experience with payment in-lieu-of tax transactions (PILOTs) and other economic development transactions. Mr. Ezell also serves as bond counsel in conduit tax-exempt bond financings, including small issue bonds, qualified 501(c)(3) bonds and low and moderate income housing bonds. Mr. Ezell has been a frequent lecturer at legal seminars and workshops.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1979
- National University, M.B.A., 1976
- University of the South, B.A., 1971
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1979
- Served as purchaser’s counsel for the acquisition of medical office buildings in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
- Represented a financial institution in the extension of a $10 million revolving credit facility to a governmental entity to finance improvements to a sports facility.
- Represented a client in the sale of a portfolio of medical office buildings in Knoxville, Tennessee, with an aggregate value of approximately $65 million.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of an orthopedic hospital and connected medical office building in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Assisted a client in the development and financing of a hotel/office/retail mixed use project in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Represented a client in the $55 million sale of a portfolio of medical office buildings.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board of Directors and Vice President – Working Group on Legal Opinions Foundation
- Chair – Joint Committee on Legal Opinions, Tennessee Bar Association
- Past Chair – Attorney’s Opinions Committee of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member – National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member – Tennessee Economic Development Council
Rate : $$$$