Kenneth C. Feldman is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and is chair of the firm’s Legal Malpractice Defense Department. He is a certified specialist in legal malpractice law by the California State Bar, and is vice-chair of the California State Bar Legal Malpractice Law Advisory Commission.
Ken is also the author of the California Legal Malpractice & Malicious Prosecution Liability Handbook, which is now in its 7th edition. His practice focuses on the direct representation of insurers and their insureds in professional liability actions. He specializes in the following types of actions:
- Defense of professional liability actions in the areas of attorney malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, malicious prosecution, real estate brokers, escrow agents, insurance brokers errors and omissions, and other various types of professional malpractice.
- Defends SLAPP suits, and handles business litigation, including claims against franchisors.
- Representation of carriers in bad faith litigation and as coverage counsel as to professional liability, directors and officers, comprehensive general liability, municipal and other miscellaneous policies. Performs audits of law firms for carriers in the underwriting process.
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctor, Dean’s Honor List, 1987
- California State University Northridge, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Finance, 1984
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, California
- California State Bar Association – Member and Certified Legal Malpractice Specialist
- Appointed as Commissioner for 4 year term from 2015-2019 to California State Bar Legal Malpractice Law Advisory Commission
- State-Wide vice chair for 2017-2018 term and designated to be state-wide chair for 2018-2019 term of Legal Malpractice Law Advisory Commission
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member Board of Trustees, July 2015-June 2017
- Member, Executive Committee of Litigation Section (2005 – Present)
- Member, Professional Responsibility & Ethics Committee (2004 – 2006)
- American Bar Association – Member of Legal Malpractice Data Center
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers – Member
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association – Member
Rate : $$$