Mr. Kenneth L. Wilton is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and Chair of the Firm’s national trademark practice. An internationally-recognized expert in trademark law, Mr. Wilton does “a wonderful job for his clients. He forms close working relationships, produces high-calibre results and offers valuable opinions.”
Mr. Wilton’s practice focuses primarily on false advertising, trademark, copyright, and patent litigation in the U.S. federal courts, and counseling and prosecution in the areas of trademark and copyright law. He has extensive experience litigating trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as the filing and prosecution of trademark applications.
He has supervised the conduct of international anti-counterfeiting activities involving the enforcement of trademark and copyright laws throughout the world. He is experienced in and regularly counsels clients regarding Internet-related trademark and copyright issues, and has filed or defended over two dozen proceedings under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
Mr. Wilton teaches Internet Law as a Lecturer-in-Law at USC’s Gould School of Law. He has lectured on intellectual property and Internet Law at Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business, and has presented in the areas of copyright and trademark law, including the protection of intellectual property on the Internet and domain name disputes, to professional and business organizations. Mr. Wilton is a member of the UCLA History Department’s Advisory Council.
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law (1986)
- Editor-in-Chief, COMM/ENT, Hastings Journal of Commnications and Entertainment Law (1985-1986)
- B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles (1983)
- Current member of Department of History’s Advisory Board
- International Trademark Association
- Trademark Reporter Committee (2006-2013); Academic Committee (2013-2016), Unfair Competition Committee (2016-present)
- Adjunct Professor Special Interest Group (Project Team member (2009-2013); Co-Chair (2013-2016)
- California State Bar Business Law Section – Internet & Privacy Law Committee (Member (2012-2016); Co-Chair (2015-2016)
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Inn of Court (Master of the Bench, Co-Mentoring Chair) (2010-2012)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (New Technology Committee Co-Chair (1996-97); Intellectual Property Section Chair (1997-2000)
- Los Angeles County and American Bar Associations (Sections on Litigation, Intellectual Property, and Computer Law)
Rate : $$$