Kenneth A. Murphy is an experienced trial lawyer adept at handling complex civil matters. He has nearly 30 years of experience defending product liability and other tort claims, including unfair trade practice and off-label promotion claims, on behalf of pharmaceutical companies and other commercial entities.
Ken also is well-versed in the various aspects of civil litigation, from deposition strategy to jury selection and trial theme development.
Ken has litigated and tried to verdict cases involving claims of professional malpractice, breach of contract, defamation, wrongful termination, premises liability, sexual harassment and tortious interference with contract, in federal and state courts in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
Ken is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and has been named a “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation. In 2016, Ken was awarded the J. Austin Norris Award by the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia for distinguished service to the legal profession and the community at large.
- Product Liability, Unfair Trade Practice, Off-Label Promotion : Ken has significant experience defending complex pharmaceutical actions in state, federal and appellate courts.
- Serves as Defense Liaison Counsel in personal injury litigation regarding prescription antipsychotic medicine, antipsychotic medicine, anticonvulsant medicine, and pelvic mesh products, all pending in the Philadelphia Common Pleas Mass Tort Program.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Duke University, B.A., 1986
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$